When I moved to the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, I thought things would stay the same. I find this hilarious looking back on it now because I also thought things wouldn’t change when I had kids and well, I can tell you everything changed.
Other than being a mom, having a little Purple Scion, and my dog, everything changed this year. New location, one place to rent and one place I now own, new kitten, new bikes, new furniture, new friends and local support system, new online relationships with my existing friends versus Remedy, Tea Girl, and Cafe Haven, new solo mom duties, new websites, deepened spiritual abilities. It’s been a whirlwind of awesome and to continue down that path, I’m starting a new role!
This is exciting for me for so many reasons:
- The Update Company is so accommodating with work/life balance and actually appreciate my need to drop off and pick my kids up from school every day. In fact, they were a finalists for a Family First award from the Comox Valley Chamber of Commerce (and won one for Technology and Innovation!).
- They are a fun, friendly, and incredibly talented group. I’ve spent the last 3 months working with the team and always feel welcomed and appreciated. They even invited me to their Christmas party and gave me a gift certificate to my favourite Comox Valley book store – Rare Bird in Cumberland. I was blown away by this gesture and the amount of fun I had with everyone playing Foosball and just hanging out. These are my kind of people.
- I’m helping them grow their business, which is my jam. I love meeting with clients to see how to bring new leads into their businesses using websites, social media, SEO, paid advertising like Adwords, FB and LinkedIn ads, and other digital platforms. I’m the weirdo who also likes preparing proposals and RFP responses, bringing in kick ass sales processes and automation, and writing nerdy return on investment reports.
- Being in Cumberland means I don’t have to pay for parking, I’m walking distance to tacos, burgers, pizza, chocolate, and 24 ounce coffee. Yeah, it’s paradise!
- There’s even a co-work office and social club for self-employed, solopreneurs & creative misfits opening up next door to The Update office.
Seriously, can this get any better?
A year ago, there’s no way I could have imagined finding a full-time career that fits my talents and abilities with such an amazing team. I can’t even begin to tell you all how damn happy I am, but I’m sure you can feel it as you’re reading this. This place is pure magic and here’s yet another reason why I know I made the right decision moving here.
Bravely Having It All!
Interested in bringing new leads into their businesses using websites, social media, SEO, paid advertising like Adwords, FB and LinkedIn ads, and other digital platforms? Reach out – firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-650-1828.